Wednesday, March 30, 2011

State of the Blog Address

So, first off, I'd like to thank everyone who reads this blog.  The, er, five of you that I know do, and anyone else who may stumble upon this at a later date.  It's really appreciated, especially given all the effort I've actually put into it, though, from the looks of it, it might not seem like that much.  And that's what I'm actually bringing up with this, and putting out a little call for opinions on.

I said way back when I started that the layout was just a placeholder, but honestly, I've grown a little attached to it.  That and, well, I'm not sure on just how to re-design/format it without breaking everything.  And I've talked about doing a header image, which I still intend to do.  The only problem with that is that I feel like I should have sort of a logo.  Truthfully, I intended to make one in LBP2, which I might still do at a later point, but that hasn't materialized just yet.  And given that I do quite a bit more than LBP stuff, it might not always be very appropriate!

What I'd like from you, my readers, is just your opinion.  What you might think fits my style in regards to a layout, to a header, to a logo, whether things on my sidebar should be re-ordered, etc.  And just anything else, honestly.  I can't guarantee that if there's something you dislike about my blog, that I'll change it, especially if it's something I myself enjoy, since, well, it's my blog, but if I'm doing something, well, wrong, by all means let me know.  While this is my personal blog, I can't say that I don't want others to read and enjoy it as well, because I do.  This is my opportunity to write things out for others as much as it is for me, so things to help its appeal be more widespread is always a good thing!

4 comments:

  1. Honestly, what I'd like is for you to use a layout that doesn't break down when trying to read the thing via my PS3.

    For some reason the lighter blue of the main part only extends down about thirty or forty lines of text worth - after that, I'm trying to read the black text against the darker black of the sidebar color.

    But that's just one, tiny issue for me.

    Oh, that reminds me, it's been almost precisely three months since you started. I had a plan for this. See: my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. *darker blue of the sidebar. Durr.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, while not hitting the layout just yet, I did change the colors, so that should help in the meantime while I tinker about with the blogger design stuff.

    ReplyDelete