Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Mortal Kombat: Legacy is pretty awesome so far you guys.


So, I'm sure we all remember a while ago when a trailer for a Live Action MK movie went out, which was later revealed to be a pitch someone made by calling in a few favors to all involved to create.  Or something.  Anyways, the point is, it was pretty goddamn good.  I'm not sure if it was intended to be called "Mortal Kombat:  Rebirth" or not, and honestly searching for the goddamn thing proved to be too frustrating for me to care at the moment, but the point is, it was really neat and if you haven't seen it by now, you should watch it.  Especially before watching the following.




Now, yes, I did embed it here, but you'd likely be better served by watching it here instead, since you'll get a better experience, almost assuredly.

I'm sure you can tell by the title, but I quite enjoyed this.  I think it was a bit too heavy on the slow-motion, and in terms of real, meaty content, I'm not sure 10 minute chunks will be able to satisfy as fully as one would hope.  Still, I watched it earlier and then immediately watched it again, grinning all the while.  And the fact that I'm talking about it now, at Episode One, rather than patiently waiting for a few to craft a carefully thought out opinion on it speaks of the excitement involved.

This is basically just me showing you the bright spot of my day, since it's actually been a pretty rough day.  I have energy, though!  So I imagine my lethargy is finally passing a bit.  Or, perhaps just because I flew into a hulk rage at looking up that first trailer/pitch/thing, I'm feeling alright.  Still, I just wanted to put that out there to quell any possible worries.  Anyways.  Go, enjoy Mortal Kombat at its best in years.

No comments:

Post a Comment