Saturday, August 27, 2011

Lollipop Chainsaw - Now There's Gameplay Video(s)

I think it's kind of funny that the two biggest things that get my excited right now are the Playstation Vita and Lollipop Chainsaw (which is not going to be on the Vita.  But Oh God, if it was).  There will be days where I have something in mind and say "Yes, this is what I'm going to write about today", or nights where I say, "Well, I could write about that, it'll be a nice challenge to make something of it..", but when there's Vita news or Lollipop Chainsaw news, this tab is opened, and this blank screen is not blank for long.  Even if it's basically just me going "Aaaahhhhhhhhhhhh!  LOOK LOOK, LOOK HOW EXCITED I AM!" in a...much more eloquent fashion for five or so paragraphs.

In all honesty, I have two videos here that I can post, and that I'm going to post, but there's one that I just.....I don't like it.  The guy in it is just not....really making a lot of sense and is just being completely uninteresting and unfunny.  His enthusiasm seems a little forced or he's really really bad at expressing it.  Also, there's terrible cosplay.  Oh, and also it's Destructoid.  I am not really a fan of Destructoid whatsoever, so I'm just....really not too happy with posting something from there, but I may as well just do it and get it over with since, at the very least, it does show off a little more than the -real- video, and gives us the hilarious-sounding formula for one of the boss characters.




It may not be quite as bad as I made it seem, and like I said, you do get valuable insight into the Punk Rock Zombie boss-fight, which just....just sounds hilarious.  (Also proves this guy can't read or has a bad memory)  But then again, terrible cosplay, and this guy who manages, somehow, to make everything in the game just seem not funny whatsoever unless you're also seeing it in the game.  Still, whatever it's a video, and it's actually decent quality, so I will take it.

This next video is two minutes and thirteen seconds of pure, unaltered demo gameplay from PAX taken by someone holding a camera up at the TV in terrible LP fashion while two other people blather on in the background.  It's really nice that you can appreciate the game because it makes you laugh guy, but, y'know, maybe Shut up for two minutes when someone is clearly recording the footage.  I mean, I imagine whoever was recording this was standing there, holding his camera out in the most obvious fashion, and the sound of the people was close enough that they had to be just standing right there.  Common courtesy, people!

A...anyways.



First thing that comes to mind when I see it is "Yessssssssssssssssssss, this looks much better than the gameplay in the debut trailer", because, well, it does.  It's smooth.  It flows now.  And you can see the more 'advanced' techniques coming into play already, what with the Escaping QTEs and showing off all the different ways you can attack with the chainsaw itself.  As well as showing off, somewhat, (like the previous video did) that your chainsaw is not your only weapon, merely your primary one.  That wasn't so much unknown as it needed pointing out just because I needed something else to get excited about.

I also really, really like how clear the style is now; in the first vid, mostly, you can actually really see the animation style which has the very, very subtle comic book style colors and lines like we've seen in screenshots, not to mention that the UI practically screams Comic Book style.  I mean, look at the frigging Score part.  Straight from the pages of any comic book you could find, I'm sure.  And that's good; I like that the game has something besides it's amazing set-up that it can hang its hat on.  I'm sure, in the end, a lot of us honestly value great art direction over the most amazing graphics out there, though the latter is definitely nice as well.  (Note to self:  Why haven't you pre-ordered Uncharted 3 yet?)

This all sates me for now, but I cannot wait for the next breadcrumbs of information to get tossed out into the gaming wild, because I will pounce on them like.....something that pounces.  Fast.

Not a shark.

No comments:

Post a Comment