Monday, August 15, 2011

Lollipop Chainsaw's Debut Trailer is Everything I Wanted

Now, while I don't usually like covering the exact same topic as Chance, sometimes it's got to inevitably happen, as, clearly we have similar tastes.  So when I saw his post showing off the Lollipop Chainsaw trailer I just had to bite the bullet on it because after I saw it, it was the only thing I wanted to talk about.  I've been sitting here for two hours trying to think of a new topic, and came up with a half-complete idea of a pokemon-centric post that I've more or less made already, so it'd just be reiteration.  Which...we all know I'm not above doing, but I didn't feel like it today.

So without further ado, this would be the trailer in question:



And like Chance said, it is a really nice trailer.

I have a couple complaints with it, in that it still looks fairly....well, not close to release, in terms of fluidity of movement which is understandable since it's not close to release, and I'm not absolutely sold on the VA for Juliet (hopefully she's just a stand-in or they tone her down/soften her voice).  The whole trailer could have used a little more audio management actually, but bleh, it was still fantastic.

What really makes me giddy about it is the style it imparts.  Sure, the majority of the trailer is just pre-rendered, but it sets the stage well enough and matches kind of what we've already seen and/or expected.  And the in-game parts don't really show off the animation style that previous screenshots have (the No More Heroes-esque cel-shading or whatever you want to name it), but the direction and the style with that is clear enough. 

Also apparently Juliet gets a grenade launcher for her Chainsaw.

Read that again with me:  Apparently Juliet gets a Grenade Launcher for her Chainsaw.

Day One, friends.  Unless something majorly bad comes out before then, this is a Day One purchase for me.  Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to watch this about ten more times.  In 720p.  Because I like it that much.  That should be saying something.

3 comments:

  1. One of the first things I said to you when you were starting up the blog was that you should never worry about "stealing stories" from me.

    That was a frickin' awesome trailer for a probably-won't-be-very-good game - but it's still a frickin' awesome trailer, and deserves postage!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I figured I could've thrown it up without even mentioning that I saw it on your blog first and it wouldn't have been a problem, but I also did want to point out that I had, indeed saw it there first and couldn't stop thinking about it. Then I figured if I said that and didn't disclaimer it, it would seem weird.

    But yeah, I enjoyed the trailer quite a lot. I've watched it at -least- a dozen times and I have high hopes for the game. I'm not looking for AAA-quality or anything, just something fun and neat that will possibly make me laugh at times. And I mean, she straps a grenade launcher to a chainsaw. I don't think I'm setting my own personal bar too high here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's just a really damned good trailer. The choice of music makes the whole thing - for lack of a better word - pop. I loved the part at the end where she comes up out of the splits and bisects a zombie - turns away, looks down - and pop! He comes apart in a beautiful, sparkly rainbow.

    That shit is inspired.

    ReplyDelete