Tuesday, October 4, 2011

I Am Surprised!


Yesterday, when I wrote about the fact that PS2 Classics were coming to the PSN, I note only suspected openly that not all of them would be released at once.  I also, internally, thought that the $9.99 price point was way too good to be true, expecting instead $14.99-19.99, which in all honesty, would have been fair.  But at $9.99, every game is basically a steal, and makes Resident Evil 4 HD's pricepoint look like a joke.  Rightly so, in my opinion.

So if you want to own God Hand, Odin Sphere, GrimGrimoire, Maximo: Ghosts to Glory, or Ring of Red without the hassle of a case, disk or manual on the cheap, the option is there and it is as tantalizing as it could be.  While it's been confirmed that they have absolutely nothing new, they also lose nothing in the process, aside from anything physical, which is a relief to say the least.  If I had the Space, the money (in my account) and the download speed, I'd probably pick up God Hand if just for the fact that it is a game about punching people and this is something we have established that I enjoy.

I'd also get Odin Sphere, GrimGrimoire and possibly Ring of Red, as someone said it was sort of a Front Mission type game (Mechs, Tactics style gameplay) with the only major difference being manual aiming (which sounds like Valkyria Chronicles to me!) but I have no guarantee on this and it may just be misinformation, so look it up on your own before you buy.  I enjoy the style of VanillaWare's games, as does, well, everybody, so having those two games which I don't believe I've ever seen in the wild, would be quite a boon for the collector in me.

Still, I'm waiting for confirmation that you'll be able to DL them on your Vita and play them on it, possibly with swapping saves ala PSP Remasters before I pull the trigger on any of these.  Mostly because I have to; again, I won't be able to download any of them unless I take my Vita to a place with non-shit Wi-Fi.  Which is possible thanks to it being a lovely, portable little beast!  Hence my wait.  Also, I have entirely too many games on my plate as is, anyway, a point that I've made clear several times on this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment