Monday, October 31, 2011

More Signs Pointing to New God of War


You may remember that, once upon a time ago, there were rumblings of a possible new God of War title in the works, with multiplayer aspects no less, and at the time it seemed so awesome because I let my hype get me all giddy.  Granted, my hype is still high because my hopes have not been the least bit dashed, but it was high then too.  I mean, I've said in the past that I'm not entirely too keen on Multiplayer aspects of wholly single-player games, but should my idea come to pass, I would make an exception.  But that's neither here nor there, and the point here is that there is new news regarding a new GoW title

The extent of the news is, basically, that they're looking for a new Concept Artist.  A Senior Staff one, at that; I'm not really sure where the distinction lies, but okay.  I'm guessing the Job listing says "unannounced God of War title" as it's in the Joystiq header, but well, that's not always truth in advertising.  Considering I'm actually typing this while my internet is being the dick of all dicks, I can't actually check it either.  Which is....rather unfortunate I'm sure you can guess.

Anyways, the good thing about this new development is that we get to speculate even more about the new God of War that may or may not be, to consider just what and/or where the series can go now.  Without spoiling too much (though I'm sure the internet's done that much for you), we all know that God of War 3 pretty much closed up that whole era and pantheon, so to insist on keeping with calling a continuation in the series is a bit puzzling unless they're intending on either A) Prequeling the series once more or B) just starting an entirely new series with a new protagonist, but keeping the brand name attached for marketing reasons.  I wouldn't be surprised on either suggestion in all honesty, though I suppose I am sort of inclined more towards the latter.

Alright, I'll level with you:  I really just want to take on the Norse Pantheon.  I want to kick Odin in his missing eye, take out Loki, and climb on some Giants only to stab them repeatedly.  The Multiplayer aspect I discussed in the above linked article about the MP taking place during Ragnarok (Sort of an Assassin's Creed Brotherhood take, I guess, in that you're not playing the Main Character during the MP) would just be icing on the cake.  Sweet, sweet icing.  So hopefully that's what we'll see, or at least something equally entertaining on concept alone.  I'm just pretty sure that we are out of Greek Gods to kill, more or less.

No comments:

Post a Comment