Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Quick Note: So This is What Happened


So, the entirety of yesterday, for folks who weren't following my Twitter either on there or using the handy side-bar thing (provided it worked), I actually didn't have a phone.  This was after my internet just more or less kept resetting itself over very extended periods of time for the whole night Monday.  Like literally, I'd be sitting here or just walking by and see the DSL light and the Internet light go out, then very slowly come back on.  Minutes later, out again, etc. etc.  Obviously this is not the prime occasion to attempt using the internet.  And as such I didn't after it started, though luckily, I had managed to do a post before it did all that, which I was very happy with.

In these brief windows when the Internet light came back on on the modem, there was about 4 or 5 minutes at most when I could use the internet, though it was entirely slower than normal and posting from the PSP on Twitter was a pain because of that.  Also because of the PSP keyboard but mostly because of the whole internet would eventually die thing.  I almost managed two tweets in a row to explain this Purgatorial state of the internet, but the second would've posted in the window directly after both lights went out and after waiting about ten minutes to see if it'd come back, I just gave up.  So now I got to explain it, more or less.  And I did, so there's that.

Anyways, they fixed the issue, more or less, by coming out and disconnecting -something- that was apparently a phone line we didn't need that was possibly getting wet from all the rain we've had lately.  Apparently that'll kill your phone and internet, which is something I can only go "Who knew?!" to and shrug in a comedic manner before moving on to bigger and better things.  That's not to say I did that, as I mostly played FFT, Dynasty Warriors 7:  Xtreme Legends and watched TV with my non-internet, but, well, you know what I mean.  It's an expression and such.  And other sorts of words.

I feel bad for having missed so many posts this month without really pushing out Bonus posts to get up to quota, but you can't force yourself to write.  At least, I don't like to 'force' myself since I'm usually not happy with what I write as a result.  Still, there are a couple things that are post-worthy enough, so I might do those up tonight, or definitely tomorrow, if all goes well and my internet stays with us.  As it stands, at least I got to explain just what was up which is something I wanted to do for the whole of yesterday.  I'm sure you all understand how it can be.

No comments:

Post a Comment