Friday, April 13, 2012

New Lollipop Chainsaw Trailer!

Well, I was all set to write up a nice meaty post about Digital Distribution (which I only got a paragraph into) when I got distracted with a rather silly conversation that completely wrecked the mood I was in to write it.  As such, I've got it saved as a draft and will just pick it back up at a later date, like tomorrow or the day after.  To make up for it, I did want to offer at least something and, after seeing it on Siliconera and The Games of Chance, I wanted to feature the latest Lollipop Chainsaw trailer as well.  It is, so far, Japanese Only so unless you speak that, it won't make a whole lot of sense, but I would suggest that, given the context, it probably wouldn't make much more sense in English.  Would still be as awesome, however.


Looking at it, I can't help but notice just how far it's come in the animations since it was first shown off.  It's not completely seemless yet, but it is a lot smoother, which is impressive given the amount of variety in control that the game seems to offer.  All the different types and ways you can attack and link in with combos, I kind of start to wonder just how you'll be able to keep it all straight, but I'm sure it'll be fine.  I am, however, a little bothered by the idea that the blaster might have replaced the Grenade Launcher attachment we have seen in the past.  (Go ahead, look in the past trailers, I think it's in one of those)  Do I have any evidence of that beyond considering a Blaster transformation might render an attachment redundant?  No.  Does it matter in the grand scheme?  No.  Just the pure absurdity of having a grenade launcher attachment was a little amazing to consider, so I will be a little sad if it's gone.

Regardless, it's looking spectacular.  Knowing the writing and design chops behind the game lets me be excited for that half of it, so it really all comes down to the gameplay which, so far, looks like it will be high-action, high-versatility enough to keep me (and other gamers) entertained for its duration and hopefully beyond.  I only wish it came out sooner; partly because I want to play it nowwww, and partly because I really don't want to accept the fact that I might have to drop $100 in the same day for this and Gravity Rush and then have the difficult task of deciding which I play when.  Since my gaming time tends to overlap in most points, as I play portable games pretty much at home as well.  That's....not the point, though.  The point is that I'm still -so excited- for this game and I can't wait for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment