Thursday, May 10, 2012

LittleBigThings: LittleBigPlanet Vita Beta Sign-Ups Live!


You all know I loves me some LittleBigPlanet, so a chance to play it early and free (legally) is a chance that I am entirely too enthralled with trying for to pass up.  And such a chance is available now, with the LittleBigPlanet Vita Beta sign-up form that was so conveniently offered.  It's rather light on details of course, but if the recent printed publications are anything to go by (Playstation:  The Official Magazine and Game Informer) then that June release date for LittleBigPlanet Vita is more firm than I would like (yet at the same time I love it since it's not too far off), so the window for an effective Beta period is shrinking.  Still, nothing's set in stone and we'll just have to see when it's officially announced, patiently or otherwise.

The sign-up form couldn't be easier:  "What's your basic info (Email, PSN, DoB)?  What LBP games have you played before?  Do you have a Vita?  Have you ever created and shared a level in a LittleBigPlanet game?"  That's it.  Literally, those are the only things required; it takes somewhere in the neighborhood of a couple minutes and can, thankfully enough, be filled out -on- a Vita's internet browser as I found out.  Since I saw it on LiveTweet and simply -had- to do it right then before I forgot.  Which reminded me about the handy little exploit you can use with LiveTweet and the Internet Browser - If you open a page through LiveTweet, it'll open the Web Browser and go to the site....whether you have a game active or not.  So you can search whatever you want in that one window, but of course, tabbing out of it and then trying to re-enter will provide the "The Following Applications Must Close" screen, so you better get the info you want and make sure you know it as it's not exactly quick reference.

It's a strange prospect to me, that of being involved in a Beta of a game, since while I have been in quite a few, I never really had anything of an attachment to them.  I was in the Beta for Uncharted 2's Multiplayer mode, both Modnation Racers Betas (PS3 and PSP) and the Invite-Only Playstation Home Closed Beta (which seems a little cheapened now that it's been in open beta for...years.) off the top of my head, and with respect to the games mentioned, I've never cared much to the end of it or beyond.  Outside of my strange obsession with Home that has admittedly died out after the bad situation I had with it months back, meaning that I haven't gone back to it since.  Still, I find myself wanting to hop back into it every now and then to sate my decorating needs, or even hoping that something similar will come out for the Vita, but that's neither here nor there.

LittleBigPlanet Vita's Beta, should I get into it, will likely be the first Beta I get into that'll really leave a lasting impression on me.  I say this all the time when it comes to LittleBigPlanet-related things, but I really, really intend to make use of the Level maker with this and since I'll have no worries about using it for an extended period of time, as well as being able to use it whenever I want, I'm sure I can squeeze in some actual work into it.  Even if I don't, I'll be rather delighted just to get the actual game when it comes out and work with it and, thankfully, the Vita Snapshot feature will offer a little incentive for me, odd as that might sound.  I think that being able to actually throw down some Behind-the-scenes shots here easily would be something that will give me that little kick of incentive to keep at it.  As well as being able to just sort of share work with others to get advice perhaps.  I see a lot of potential for lasting appeal with the Vita version of the game, is what I'm getting at, and I sincerely hope that everyone else sees that as well, considering what an important franchise it is to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment