Thursday, August 2, 2012

LittleBigPlanet Vita Officially Coming September 25


Can you hear the hype train?  You should, because the hype train has officially fucking arrived, my friends, and I'll be riding that train til September 25th when it brings me back home with a copy of LittleBigPlanet Vita that will probably not leave my Vita for a good clip of time, or if it does, simply for small bits here and there assuredly.  Assuming you're a faithful reader, or can take a hint from the "LittleBigThings" post tag on the right side (I really should update those....), you realize that I am a huge LittleBigPlanet follower; I just friggin' love the franchise in ways that would make my family members and my ex jealous of.  So to -finally- have a release date as an official thing brings me immense satisfaction, and is honestly just a good thing which I have rather needed lately.  But I'll get into that on another day or not at all since whatever, this is about happy news, excitement or other such things.  Which finally having a release date for LBP Vita is all of those things, certainly.

Unlike several others, apparently, my Vita has not been at a lack for games, though admittedly it's not all been Vita-specific gaming I've been doing on it in the fleeting moments that I have actually managed to play it, rather than dealing with -things-.  Between Treasures of Montezuma Blitz, Gravity Rush and the handful of PSP games I've spoken of (As well as Hexyz Force which I haven't truly gotten around to talking about because I haven't actually played it all that much yet) to make no mention of the upcoming Sound Shapes which I'm sure will be a steady play-every-now-and-again game when I want to have some fun with music, I'm pretty covered in regards to Vita gaming, and this is, of course, without dipping into other things that I really want (Touch My Katamari, Mortal Kombat Vita, Metal Gear Solid HD Collection to name a few), so I don't really get the "Hurr, about time, Vita needs games, etc" rhetoric flying around beyond the obvious fact that a lot of games are nice to have.  But not apparently vital, if you look at the 3DS library against its sales, but hey Nintendo is special blah blah.  Still, the game is a more than welcome addition for reasons that are fairly obvious at this point, I'm sure.

Just to help, however, I would like to point out that the creator used in LittleBigPlanet Vita is apparently quite close to the one used in LittleBigPlanet 2, so you will have access to that wonderful complexity in the palms of your hands.  Or at least, it's confirmed that you can make movies in LBPV, which requires Sackbots and Microchips at bare minimum which are, again, the rather complex things LBP2 has to offer in terms of the creator.  Having not spent a lot of time with it in LBP2, or at least, not a lot that I could remember, and the fact that there will be new additions to play to the Vita's controls means that it will likely be a little daunting at first, but I think it's quite a bit easier to commit to given the portability factor, as I find myself a little lost with my Vita whenever I don't have an internet connection (either because I don't have power for six days, the router explodes or, like a normal person, I'm simply away from my home) but this certainly gives me something to do whenever regardless.  If I'm not doing things that don't require internet, of course, like....playing the other games and such.  It...made more sense in my head, I assure you, and I hope you get what I'm getting around, which was mostly that the creator mode will likely just be fun to mess around with to learn it, which I haven't honestly done a whole lot of with the previous games.

It's honestly one of those times where I'm just too excited (perhaps overly so, admittedly) where I can't even really think of much constructive to say.  I could mention in an off-handed fashion that pre-ordering it seems to give access to two Costume packs (maybe, there seems to be a little mixed signalling going on at the moment) one of which is a Bioshock-themed costume set with a Big Daddy and Little Sister that look....just fantastic.  It's a little thing, certainly, but I can imagine what interest it might have to -some- people who might catch this, so I wanted to point it out, if just to tempt, even a little.  I am doing my duty as a LBP lover with that, at least, since I certainly want this game to succeed.  I can't see it being a -bad- game by any measure which hopefully isn't going to be jinxing the thing.  I haven't heard any impressions from the Beta which I unfortunately didn't get in on (I would've loved it) and probably won't pay attention since I...really don't care what some random person says about a game I have an interest in.  Like random youtube people talking about the Private Beta for Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale.  When you do ever trust Random Youtube Person?  Never.

Hopefully we start getting some story trailers or creator videos or something as it comes closer to release, since I should like to talk about it again between now and release, but I'll need something resembling content to do so.  Speaking of content, with any luck LittleBigPlanet Vita won't follow in the footsteps of Resistance:  Burning Skies and disable the screenshot function since....well, that would just be a silly thing to do.  If it -doesn't- disable that, then I'll be able to take pictures and it'll be that much easier to talk about things on here, as in things that I make in the creator because I will actually probably make things.  If just a prototype or what have you of my 'real-time' day/night tool that probably will not work but it would be totally cool if it did.  It's a thing to try, at the very least, and if nothing else, I can try out just making basic things, like a 'house' level if you will to store links to levels that I -actually- make eventually maybe hopefully.  Levels that I will totally make, maybe, I don't know.  I guess I'll just wait til I actually have the game and get to have all sorts of fun with it first.

No comments:

Post a Comment